Making the Most Out of Your Batteries
One might not realize the importance of batteries, but if you ponder, a battery is actually used everywhere and every day. Your car has a battery, your phone comes with a battery and your other household items like your inverter, your T.V and A.C's remote control, the wall clock, etc cannot run without batteries. Now all of the above-mentioned items use different types of batteries and you might be a pro when it comes to saving your phone’s battery and taking good care of your car’s battery as well, but did you ever think, if you make a proper use of the alkaline batteries as well, they would last much longer? Yes, you read that right.
A typical alkaline dry cell battery is composed of a zinc anode and a manganese dioxide cathode, and these are the type of batteries which are used in your wall clocks, and your other instrument which has remote controls. As soon as we hear about the alkaline batteries, the few names which pop in our head includes the Duracell and the Lighthouse. These are the popular brands which manufacture powerful and long-lasting batteries. Now alkaline batteries also come in two types, one is the AA batteries and the other ones are the AAA batteries. The difference between both of them is that the aa batteries are bigger in size as compared to the aaa batteries and even though both the batteries could give the same amount of voltage, the aa battery will give an output for a longer duration. So some of the best-recommended AA batteries are Lighthouse 24 X AA Batteries and the Duracell 8 X AA Batteries. The lighthouse batteries are designed to offer you a high capacity of energy for your hungry devices and their storage life lasts up to five years, whereas the Duracell batteries have up to 50% more power as compared with its other competitors and they are best suited for everyday devices. One of the most selling aaa batteries are the Duracell 8 X AAA Batteries, they have long-lasting power as well they can stay fresh and powered for up to 10 years in ambient storage.
Now to give your batteries a longer life you should consider some points and actions like:
- Do not mix the battery types in the same type thus it will minimize the chances of battery leakage.
- Dispose of the batteries when necessary as they do not cause hazardous waste or need any special disposal methods.
- Remove the batteries immediately, if the battery powered equipment fails to operate.
- Make sure you replace the batteries in complete sets.
- Do not handle the hot or warm batteries, therefore be cautious while using them.
- Do not try to incinerate, crush, puncture or mutilate your batteries.
- Keep in mind not to store the used and damaged batteries with the new ones.
- If your batteries show any sign of leakage, bulging, swelling or deformity, make use of eye protection and gloves.
So by keeping all the above points in mind, you can make the most of your batteries. And if you are looking for a powerful set of battery, opt for the Duracell Twin Pack Of 9V Batteries, they are suited for your everyday devices.